Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

color, light

One of my favorite blogs is Knitsofacto. In her March 27, 2014 post, The Colour Collaborative: March: Bud, she provides detailed instructions on how to pull color samples directly from an image and create swatches using PicMonkey (an online photo editor). You can probably do this with GIMP, but I haven't tried it just yet. 

The main image is a picture I took on a recent trip to Kure Beach (the Fort Fisher State Recreational Area) on the southern coast of North Carolina. 



I have so much to learn about light, color, and photography. In the mean time, I'm going to keep pointing and clicking and dabbling in digital editing. 

Below are some images of chandeliers in an old building on Main Street in Waynesville, NC. I don't know if they're even still there because the store has changed hands since I took these in 2012. I played with some pre-set digital filters, probably using CameraBag 1.5, including color-cross, Helga, Lolo, 1974, 1962, Silver, and Mono. (You'll need to download CameraBag to use it, as opposed to uploading image files to an online program.)


Original

Original


The ceiling was very high (painted that lovely old blue) so I could only get shots from below. I think they look like vintage rhinestone brooches. 


Morning Glory.

Morning Glory with Silver filter in CameraBag 1.5.
It goes from flower to the eye of a laser beam!  I love the way sunlight pooled in the center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment